Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Man and Boy by Tony Parsons

Of the Jonathan Tropper, Nick Hornby sort.. It's not often I am able to browse a bookstore for the sheer purpose of finding a book. I go through all these rituals of checking reviews and reading sample chapters so i don't feel like i am wasting time or money on a book. To just walk and look at titles and pick something and look at it just as it is is a huge gamble of the literary sorts. But that's how I came across Tony Parsons book Man and Boy and I'm so happy I did. A plain looking book with just shoes, a mans and boys shoes and a couple of blurbs were enough to make me want to risk using the rest of my gift card and hope for the best. 2 days later and I'm in love in the same way I loved Nick Hornby's British style of writing in the domestic issues from a man's POV. I love these books - life like stories with hints of humour throughout. I liked Harry Silver. He's flawed (of course) but the story goes and is edited in just the write places not droning on too much and not skipping too much either. It's about making a crappy stupid mistake and then moving on but also dealing with the aftermath. It's a chick lit/dick lit read that I am happily moving on to the 2nd in the series (yay!! so happy there was a follow up) carry on, readers, carry on.

No comments:

Post a Comment