Monday, January 28, 2013

She Matters (Susanna Sonnenberg)

This is the truest account of friendships between women that I have ever read. Susanna can write about anything and I'll just swoon over her poetic voice but this book exemplifies what it's really like to be a woman looking for kinship in this generation. She has a plethora of people who come into her life at various points and she recounts with great detail the occasions that brought them together, what kept them afloat and then more often than not what broke them up. Some of it is sad, some triumphant some a little dark and vulnerable but such an echo to my life... even if I haven't had all the experiences I know I've had all the feelings all the hangups all the confusion and jealousy and equality etc etc etc. She is a wonderful person to read as a woman, a mother a friend and an aching heart.

1 comment: