Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Walking on Trampolines by Frances Whiting

This was a good-read. Not the most excellent read but still very good. It starts off captivating the reader with our protagonist waking up hungover with the fiance of her best friend. So this caught my attention but it also put me in the frame of mind that I was reading "chick lit" but the book turns into something a little less "chicky" and more of an exploration of Lulu's life. She has a plumber father and depressive mother and she has her first boyfriend josh and best friend annabelle. Annabelle ends up with Josh --this happens early so no spoilers here- but what threw me off was the change of story to Lulu's relationship with her boss, a radio dj. It sort of comes back round to the beginning but to me the story wasn't written as well as it could have been. It was like it could have gone through another draft or so. But it was good enough to keep reading and I do recommend it to people looking for a straight up decent story.

No comments:

Post a Comment